The Vice President, Redevelopment and Strategic Initiatives is responsible for management and supervising staff of Decide Dekalb’s Redevelopment & Strategic Initiatives Department. This individual will lead efforts to develop strategies, develop programming and implement redevelopment and strategic initiatives to spur both economic and community development within DeKalb County, Georgia. This role will also be responsible for developing a housing strategy and impactful tools for Decide DeKalb to support affordable housing in DeKalb County, Georgia.
This position requires at least fifteen years in a related field and a master’s degree. The ideal candidate will have experience working with redevelopment and housing projects and creating an impactful program(s) in their career that is relevant to the role. The candidate should also thrive in a fast-paced work environment, have excellent organizational skills, be a “big-thinker,” as well as be solution oriented with a strong desire to work in collaboration with internal and external parties.
This role reports to the President.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads Decide DeKalb’s Redevelopment and Strategic Initiatives Department.
- This position oversees the current programs within this Department, including Brownfield Revolving Loan Fund, Tax Allocation District Program, New Markets Tax Credits and WE DeKalb.
- Develops and implements programs and projects that support strategic and critical redevelopment efforts of existing assets.
- Must develop a sustainable and marquee housing program within Decide DeKalb, in support of current and future Dekalb County, Georgia housing strategies.
- Works diligently to source projects that align with the economic development strategic plan of Decide DeKalb and this department.
- Oversees the management and compliance of Decide DeKalb’s Tax Allocation District program, as the Redevelopment Agent for DeKalb County, Georgia.
- Leads the effort to bring awareness of DeKalb’s redevelopment tools and ensures that programs remain financially sound.
- Maintains a database of projects and activities using CRM software.
- Manages staff evaluation and goal planning.
- Oversees the framework and management of sub-committees formed in support of redevelopment and strategic initiatives, including keeping meeting minutes and communicating with sub-committee members.
- Develops and maintains close relationships with key industry leaders, stakeholders, and partners in the county to support redevelopment and strategic initiatives and to ensure sustainability of the programs.
- Prepares and presents periodic reports for Decide DeKalb’s board and other stakeholders.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
5-10% out of state travel, as well as travel to regional meetings. This position is expected to drive/travel to meetings in DeKalb County daily.
Qualifications & Skills
- Master’s degree required
- Fifteen years of prior economic development and/or affordable housing development experience required, including at least 5 years in a leadership role in a similar economic development organization
- A strong history of building cohesive and impactful teams
- Strong project management experience
- Experience developing new and successful programs
- Proficient in the Microsoft Suite, as well as CRM experience
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Expert problem solver
- A thought-leader in redevelopment and/or housing
- Strong networking ability
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualified applicants should send their resume to [email protected]