The Redevelopment and Strategic Initiatives Manager is responsible for development, implementing and management of redevelopment programs (e.g., Brownfields, Tax Allocation Districts (TADs), and New Markets Tax Credits (NMTCs)) and other strategic, yet complementary programs in support of economic development in DeKalb County, Georgia.
This position requires at least five years in a related field and a bachelor’s degree although a master’s degree may substitute for additional years of experience. The ideal candidate will have experience working with redevelopment projects, thrive in a fast-paced work environment, have excellent organizational skills, be a “big-thinker”, as well as be solution oriented with a strong desire to work in collaboration with internal and external parties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position implements for and manages redevelopment and strategic initiatives (e.g., WE DeKalb, etc.).
- Manages Decide DeKalb’s Brownfield Revolving Loan Fund in partnership with external consultants and the U.S. EPA.
- Assists with the development and implementation of programs and projects that support strategic and critical redevelopment efforts of existing assets.
- Manages Decide DeKalb’s Tax Allocation District program including reviewing applications, managing consultants, and creating program guidelines as needed.
- Works with Decide DeKalb staff to increase awareness of DeKalb’s redevelopment tools and ensures that programs remain financially sound.
- Maintains a database of projects and activities using CRM software.
- Develops the framework and manages sub-committees formed in support of redevelopment and strategic initiatives, including keeping meeting minutes and communicating with sub-committee members.
- Develops and maintains close relationships with key industry leaders, stakeholders, and partners in the county to support redevelopment and strategic initiatives and to ensure sustainability of the programs.
- Prepares and presents periodic reports for Decide DeKalb’s board and other stakeholders.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
5-10% out of state travel, as well as travel to regional meetings. This position is expected to drive/travel to meetings in DeKalb County daily.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three to five years of prior economic development experience required, including at least 5 years in a leadership role in a similar economic development organization
- Strong project management experience
- Experience rolling out new programs
- Proficient in the Microsoft Suite, as well as CRM experience
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Expert problem solver
- Strong networking ability
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Send your CV/resume to [email protected] today!