The Decide DeKalb Economic Development Internship is a learning experience for undergraduate and graduate students that are interested in a career in economic development. Interns will gain experience in business retention and expansion, and make professional connections in the industry. This position will report directly to the Business Retention Manager, but will also work closely with the DeKalb Entertainment Commission (DEC).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinating industry council meetings, including providing information to attendees, event details, day of coordination, etc.
- Assisting in updating and maintaining Decide DeKalb’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, including data entry and dashboard reporting.
- Uploading data to DEC’s online locations database and assisting with photographing sites for potential film locations.
- Creating a list of projects filmed in DeKalb County.
- Attending meetings and events with Decide DeKalb staff, elected officials, and regional economic development partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a paid internship position paying $15 per hour with no additional benefits. The internship will last approximately 12 weeks with the intern expected to work 30 hours a week.
Skills and expertise:
- Must be an enrolled undergraduate or graduate student, preferably studying political science, public administration, or city and regional planning.
- Candidate should have an interest in the economic development profession and have some familiarity with DeKalb County.
- Candidate must be well organized, motivated, and self-directed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, and experience with a CRM system would be valuable.
Submit your resume to: [email protected]