The Executive Assistant will provide comprehensive support for the President of the Development Authority and ensure they can efficiently accomplish key task and company initiatives. They keep the executive’s communications organized so that they can easily access the most important information without having to sort through low-priority items. Executive Assistants screen all visitors and determine what level of support they need while offering polite, professional customer service. They manage the executive’s daily calendar, including scheduling meetings, confirming appointments, writing itineraries, and arranging for transportation. The Executive Assistant will also assist the President with management of projects that are assigned to and by the President as necessary.
The ideal person for the job will be able to anticipate needs, think critically and be a proactive problem solver with exceptional communication skills and meticulous attention to detail. This individual will have previous experience working in an office environment, performing administrative duties, and providing support to executive management. Given the changing nature of the executive landscape, we rely on our assistants for flexibility and foresight, while maintaining confidence related to high-level systems and operations.
Salary range: $76,000-84,000 depending on experience
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the President, you will serve as the primary point of contact for internal staff and external stakeholders on matters pertaining to the President.
- Manage professional and personal scheduling for President, including agendas, mail, email, calls, travel arrangements, client management, and other Authority logistics
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the President’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including assisting with special projects, designing and producing complex documents, reports and presentations, etc.
- Work closely with the President to keep them well informed of industry matters, current events, upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Coordinate Executive Team meetings and assist with staff meetings and events as needed.
- Work with the Executive Team to coordinate President’s outreach activities.
- Maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality with all materials, and exercise discretion when interfacing with individuals
- Invest in building long-lasting and relevant relationships both external and internal
- Track daily expenses and prepare weekly, monthly, or quarterly reports
- Format information for the internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports, etc.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the President
Position Type & Expected Hours:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday-Friday, 8:30a.m. to 5:30p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 6 years’ experience in relevant administrative roles or project management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other office productivity tools, with aptitude to learning new software and systems
- Familiarity with office gadgets and applications (e.g., e-calendar and copy machines)
- Time-Management and ability to meet deadlines
- Verbal & Written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Problem- solving and decision making
- Proactivity and self-direction
- Interpersonal Skills
- Flexible team player willing to do what it takes to get the job done; adaptable and enjoys a challenge
- Ability to keep company confidences
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualified applicants should send their resume to [email protected]