The Equitable Economic Development Program Manager will build strategic partnerships, as well as create and implement economic development programs to promote the creation and expansion of businesses in less dense and developed areas of DeKalb County, or those areas that are poised for redevelopment – particularly the southern portion of DeKalb County. This position works closely with Decide DeKalb’s Business Retention and Expansion Manager and Workforce Development Analyst to ensure that the businesses in these areas have the tools that they need to grow and thrive. The Program Manager is responsible for creating an environment for growth by dismantling barriers and expanding economic opportunities for low income people and communities of color.
Duties will include creating and implementing programs and strategies to support economic development in the areas of the county in need of revitalization, compiling and analyzing data, building relationships within the economic development and business communities, making presentations to business-owners, community and business organizations, and working with regional partners to implement new programs and incentives for businesses.
This position requires at least seven years in a related field and a Bachelor’s Degree although a Master’s Degree may substitute for additional years of experience. The ideal candidate will have experience working with CRM software and experience working with one or more of Decide DeKalb’s targeted industries: advanced manufacturing, healthcare/life sciences, logistics and distribution, corporate operations and business services, and film and entertainment. In addition, they will also have experience with conducting outreach with business owners and residents of historically under-served communities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the Vice President, Economic Development, this position creates and implements programs to support the creation and expansion of businesses in the targeted market areas of DeKalb County
- Coordinates and develops programs and projects that support commercial, office, and industrial development; workforce development; and small business development initiatives
- Connects developers, investors and businesses with underserved communities
- Creates and implements a strategic plan for increasing investment in communities in need of revitalization and development
- Works closely with community improvement districts and other partners with funding to promote healthy communities
- Works closely with DeKalb business owners and business-focused organizations as they advocate for change and investment in their communities
- Maintains a database of projects and leads using CRM software
- Develops and maintains close relationships with key industry leaders and partners in the county to support economic development efforts
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
5-10% out of state travel, as well as travel to regional meetings. This position is expected to drive/travel to meetings in DeKalb County daily.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- Seven to ten years of prior program management experience in an economic development organization or a similar position
- Experience designing new programs to support business retention and expansion preferred
- Proficient in the Microsoft Suite, as well as CRM expertise
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Expert problem solver
- Strong networking ability
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualified applicants should send their resume to [email protected]