The Project Manager, Economic Development will market DeKalb County to companies considering a new location. This position is key as Decide DeKalb seeks to increase its pipeline of business attraction projects and work more closely on economic development projects with DeKalb County’s 13 cities.
Duties will include creating and implementing strategies to support economic development efforts, compiling and analyzing data, building relationships within the economic development and business communities, making presentations to prospective businesses, community and business organizations, working with regional partners to implement new programs and incentives for businesses, as well as representing Decide DeKalb at targeted industry meetings and trade shows.
This position requires at least three years in a related field and a Bachelor’s Degree although a Master’s Degree may substitute for additional years of experience. The ideal candidate will have experience working with CRM software and experience working with one or more of Decide DeKalb’s targeted industries: advanced manufacturing, healthcare/life sciences, logistics and distribution, corporate operations and business services, and film and entertainment. In addition, they will also have experience working in an attraction role at an economic development organization generating leads, leading tours and site visits, and have relationships with real estate brokers and site selectors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the Vice President, Economic Development, this position markets DeKalb County to businesses, site selectors, investors, developers, and economic development partners.
- Maintains a database of projects and leads using CRM software.
- Coordinates and develops programs and projects that support commercial, office, and industrial development; workforce development; and small business development initiatives.
- Responds to Requests for Information from partners and others, as well as prepares incentive proposals when necessary.
- Develops and maintains close relationships with key industry leaders and partners in the county to support business attraction efforts.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
5-10% out of state travel, as well as travel to regional meetings.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years of prior project management experience in an economic development organization or a similar position.
- Experience designing new programs to support business attraction preferred.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Suite, as well as CRM expertise.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Expert problem solver.
- Strong networking ability.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
For Information and Resume submission: firstname.lastname@example.org