The Economic Development Coordinator supports the business attraction, retention and expansion, workforce development, and program management functions of Decide DeKalb. General responsibilities include implementing projects and programs that support job growth and investment, providing administrative support, assisting with event and meeting coordination, and compiling research and data.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Vice President, Economic Development, this position provides administrative support to the Economic Development Department including scheduling meetings
- Acts as a designated point of contact for businesses and developers navigating DeKalb County’s permitting process
- Maintains a customer relationship management database and tracks Economic Development Department progress towards goals for use in reports
- Coordinates target industry advisory councils in partnership with Economic Development Department team members
- Researches key issues and assists in preparing research and industry information for use in website development, event development, and social media
- Coordinates programs and projects that support commercial, office, and industrial development, workforce development, and small business development initiatives
- Analyzes data and reports that impact economic development priorities and policies in DeKalb County
- Assists in generating attraction and expansion leads
- Assists in responding to Requests for Information from partners and others
- Performs other duties as assigned
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel to regional meetings.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- One to three years of prior experience in an economic development organization or a similar position
- Knowledge of local government organizations
- Proficient in the Microsoft Suite
- Organized and detail-oriented
Page 2 of 2
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Expert problem solver
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Email resume to [email protected]