WorkSource DeKalb vacancy – Business Relations Specialist
This position is time-limited with benefits, which is a non-merit position. The general job description above may include essential functions that are not applicable to this specific opening. Duties for this opening may also include work that is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification (as indicated below).
- This position is a coordinated effort to steer economic and workforce development with WorkSource DeKalb and Decide DeKalb.
- The Business Relations Specialist will work with existing and new companies in DeKalb County to ensure that businesses have the talent pipeline and other workforce development tools they need to thrive. This position will report jointly to Decide DeKalb and WorkSource DeKalb and is the key workforce development expert for providing assistance to economic development projects in DeKalb.
- Duties will include creating and implementing strategies to support workforce development efforts, compiling and analyzing data, building relationships within the economic development and business communities, making presentations to economic development projects, community and business organizations, working with regional partners to implement workforce development programs for businesses, as well as representing Decide DeKalb at targeted industry meetings and trade shows.
- Experience in the following is preferred for this position in a specific department:
- 5+ years of leadership and management experience
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and/or Human Resources (Taleo/PeopleSoft) software in education, business, or industry environment
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Self-motivated and an ability to work autonomously
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Willingness to travel
- Applicants without a master’s degree may qualify with the equivalent in combined education and relevant experience.
Duties of this position in separate specific department (WorkSource DeKalb):
- Analyze competitive market strategies through analysis of related market, or share trends.
- Establish and expand internships, fellowships and apprenticeship programs.
- Support and partner with local education and training institutions in strengthening DeKalb’s talent pipeline.
- Synthesize current business intelligence or trend data to support recommendations for WIOA support plans.
- Communicate with business leaders and/or professional organizations to stay abreast of industry or business trends.
- Partner with relevant agencies and employers to coordinate solutions, addressing barriers to talent acquisitions and retention.
- Collect business intelligence data from available industry reports, public information, and field reports, to make informed decisions to suggest WIOA services.
- Identify and analyze industry or geographic trends with business strategy implications.
- Generate standard or custom reports summarizing business and economic data for review by executives, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Identify or monitor current and WIOA participants, using Georgia Workforce Participant Portal.
- Develop a workforce talent and skills prospectus report that will inform prospective businesses of the DeKalb County’s strong talent pipeline.
Bachelor’s degree in Public/Business Administration, a field related to assigned operation, or equivalent technical experience and certification; three years of experience in area of assignment; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
Specific License or Certification Required: None.
The full job description and application is available at: https://www.dekalbcountyga.gov/human-resources/employment-opportunities