Position Type: Consultant – The relationship formed will not be one of employment, but the consultant will be an independent contractor providing the services agreed to in a final consulting contract.for this opening may also include work that is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification (as indicated below).
Term: Month-to-month, but can be terminated sooner at the discretion of the President of Decide DeKalb
Benefits Offered: Contract position only; no benefits
The DeKalb Film, Music & Digital Entertainment Commission, a part of Decide DeKalb Development Authority, wishes to hire a consultant for administrative support functions. The selected consultant will have experience working with public organizations or in the entertainment industry.
Scope of Services
Provides administrative support at the pleasure of the Decide DeKalb Development Authority Board and President. Their work will be overseen by the Director of the DeKalb Film, Music & Digital Entertainment Commission. The consultant will provide services to Decide DeKalb on a competent and timely basis, and in a manner sufficient to accomplish its established purposes and work plan to stimulate and promote economic development throughout the county. The support services will include but not be limited to:
- Assists Director with the development and implementation of the DeKalb County Entertainment Strategic Plan, management of Entertainment Commission board, compilation of various progress reports, impact data, training programs, government relations, community engagement, industry relations and office management services.
- Responsible for finance related activities; processes requisitions, maintains accounting data and other related material; prepares and maintains various budget reports.
- Responsible for Commission board management; meeting files, agendas, minutes, board member files, reports, and historical records.
- Manages Director calendar and office event calendar and other related services as detailed in separate consultant contract.
- Responsible for office management and other related services as detailed in separate consultant contract.
- Performs customer service functions as detailed in separate consultant contract.
- Serves as back-up film permit coordinator in facilitation of film permits and supports Production Manager and Locations Manager or other consultants or Decide DeKalb staff as needed.
- May supervise or direct the work of temporary support staff, volunteers, and interns.
- Some weekends and holidays may be required as well as in-state and out-of-state travel that will require overnight stays.
Qualifications & Skills
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; three (3) years of experience performing work related to the described duties; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge skills, and abilities for this job.
- Proficient using MS Office and QuickBooks
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Experience working for city, county, or state government preferred
- Ability to interpret policies, regulations, legislation and accurately explain to others
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and proactively, demonstrates initiative
- Ability to exercise discretion and sound judgment; maintains confidentiality
Send resume and cover letter here